Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

new computer

• Please log in to reply

upsydaisy

upsydaisy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
how do i move my mp3 files from my old computer (e-machines w/ windows98 system) to my new computer(compaq presario w/ windows xp media center edition 2005) ?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If you have an external usb drive plug it to the old machine, copy the files to the disk, move it to the new computer and copy the files from the disk.

If you can't do that you can remove the hard disk from your old computer, install it as a slave in the new one, restart the computer and copy the files to the master disk of your new computer. You can leave the old disk in the new computer as a backup or extra storage space or you can remove it after copying the files.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Backing Up Windows XP

I just built a new computer for my mom. I uploaded her files via FTP then downloaded them to her new computer to save time burning/copying etc. If you use media (dvds or cds) then you have a backup, though.

Johanna