Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Safely Remove Hardware

• Please log in to reply

misterc

misterc

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,
I've just bought myself a brand new system and one of the things that is disturbing me is the fact that I have the green icon in the task bar for "salfely remove hardware"..the thing is when I click on it to see what hardware it means, I discover it is my C drive.!!!
Is there anyway I can cancel this? Also as I start up the game BF2, I hear the "hardware removed" sound and the game carries on loading with no problems. My PC is running well but I have the feeling that something is not right when I see and hear the above mentioned "niggles".

many thanks in advance misterc

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi misterc...

If your primary drive (C:) is a SATA drive, it will be sen as "Hot Swappable" and will be lited, but you will be unable to remove or eject it...though I wouldn't try it to find out. This is normal behavior.

I', not familiar with the game that caused the hardware "niggle", but I would guess that it is utilizing a virtual drive that is being seen as removable.

wannabe1

misterc

misterc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Thanks wannabe 1, firstly for the fast reply,especially on Christmas Day and secondly for putting my mind at rest...it is a SATA drive... so I'll just have to get used to it being listed and just "hide it"...just so long as it is normal will do for me.

Many thanks for your help and enjoy the rest of the holidays. :whistling: misterc