Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet logon for win xp

• Please log in to reply

8-ball

8-ball

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have 3 users including myself for windows xp. I am the Admin and I have my son and daughter as users. My son can't get on the web from his login. He can however use the AIM. I did a file\properties on his internet home page. It reads - res://c:\winnt\system32. I don't know that it means anything. I have a gateway with 512 mem - 4 years old, everything else seems to work well. I used to have Nortons Internet security, when that subscription ran out i loaded zone alarm the free version.
For some reason i think it is realed to zone alarm, however i don't think i applied different restrictions between my son and daughter.
Thanks in advance for your service!!

Advertisements