Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Distance from monitor...

• Please log in to reply

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
I just got a 30 inch monitor, and i'm wondering how far you guys would suggest sitting away from it..right now, i'm sitting fairly close to it, about 2 foot and a half, and i have a pretty bad headache >_>, what's a healthy distance?

Edited by MR0624, 26 December 2006 - 11:30 AM.

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I would say between 5 and 6 feet. i sit about 6 feet from a 27in and it is a bit far but the best i can do.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
As far away from it as you possibly can and be able to read the text.

Not being funny here but have you had your eyesight checked recently? If you find you have to sit that close to a 30" monitor in order to read anything on it you may need glasses.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
no, i dont have to get that close to read the text, i CAN sit far away, but my keyboard doesn't reach lolz, time to switch to wireless.

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Possibly your LCD monitor is set to bright as well. Most new monitors are shipped in torch mode and the brightness is cranked. I found you can reduce the brightness by quite a bit and still have awesome picture quality, and less headaches.

MR0624

MR0624

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Aha! Thanks serrik, i'm already beginning to notice a difference, i actually feel comfortable with the monitor for the first time in 3 days..thnx