Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reduced Wireless Rate When computer Upgraded

• Please log in to reply

Florida Bob

Florida Bob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell 1100 running XP with SP2 and use Linksys Wireless G adapter to access the Internet. This connection ran at rates of 24 MHz or higher until I updated the computer. At one time, I changed the memory from 256 MB to 1 GB and I added a Kingston 4-port, USB hub. Since then, the wireless connection has limped along at 1 MHz. My laptop, with a built-in wireless antenna works at much higher rates, so I cannot blame the reduced performance on coincidental new interference. Initially, I had connected the adapter to the new 4-port device. When I reconnected the wireless adapter directly to a computer USB port, the link continued to run at 1 MHz. I have gone thru all the control panels that I can find, and I have not found any place to correct this problem. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Florida Bob

Advertisements