Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2nd Router addon help

• Please log in to reply

infamouslink

infamouslink

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok well heres my setup
Posted Image

Today i decided i needed another router so i went out and bought another router (linksys same model as other). The second router is connect fine, up running ext, game systems find it. My problem is on the second router, connected to the game systems, doesnt seem to be spitting out ip address. The game systems find it is connected, but it cant get an IP. I just plugged it in and tried. Im suspecting its some setting i change in router 2?I dont know what to change and how to get to its settings. Thanks alot guys, if you need more info or anything, or i didnt explain it to well, please dont hesitate to ask.

I really really appreciate it, Merry Christmas guys and gals!

P.S. I cant wait to play PS3 and have my moms new comp connected and working so i can finally give her her present heh.

Advertisements

infamouslink

infamouslink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, after hours of google searching and no replies, i guess i am just going to buy a 8 port switch. Wasted 60$ on a router tho.. :whistling:,

Or... is it possible to have Computer -> Router -> wireless router
So i can also use some wireless systems?
Or will this be just like this problem is?

infamouslink

infamouslink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Sorry for triple post, but i really really would appreciate help, im having a LAN party and we cant play, Thanks alot everyone for reading.