Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE doesnt work

• Please log in to reply

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i tryed puttin a rapidshare accelerator on internet explorer 6...and it made it a chinese...then i installed ie 7 tryin to fix it and it did this too it....

Posted Image

hope someone can help its been like this for a long time...an i cant do lots of stuff cause u cant use everything with firefox....

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
If I understand correctly you can surf with Firefox but not IE.

Are you running any security software? If so is IE allowed to access the Internet in the program controls?

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yea i can surf with firefox...and i jus looked and see if it was blocked on tha firewall but it says its got full access...someone told me that there might be something wrong wit tha entries in my registry...but idk how to fix it...

Edited by konspiracy, 26 December 2006 - 11:39 AM.

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
anyone????

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Have you tried reverting back to IE6?
Have you removed rapid accelerator?
When all else fails try System Restore.

Start /All Programs /Accessories /System Tools /System Restore. Choose a date when all was working.

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tryed IE6 and it was in chinese....i think i removed that thing but im not sure...theres no icon on tha computer and its not in my program files but it coulda did somthin to tha IE file but i didnt see anything in there that said rapid or anything...cause im not sure wat to look for.....and if i restore it will i loss everything ive put on here since then...cause this is been like this for 3-4 months....or longer...

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Try Start /Run /open=msconfig. Click on the Boot.ini tab, select "safe boot" then select "network". Click OK and restart. Once in safe mode open your account. Open IE and see if you can surf.

Do you have a full installation CD of your version of XP?

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tryed wat u said an it still was tha same....idk if i have tha cd..i dont think i do...im jus sol huh??

konspiracy

konspiracy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
take it no one can help???