Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VCORE & OC

• Please log in to reply

Logitek

Logitek

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hy there can someone please help me with something ? how can I change the VCORE on my motherboard ( Chaintech 7AIA rev.3 , AMD Duron 800 Mhz OC, 192 SDR RAM 133 Mhz, WD 80 Gb 7200 RPM,Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX with 64 Mb, ASUS CD-RW ) and what CPU OC software do you recommend for my crappy PC who still runs DOOM 3 ,FABLE, FEAR and other new games on minimum ....

Thanks

Edited by Logitek, 25 December 2006 - 05:36 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Do you know you can fry your motherboard by doing this ?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Usually an option in the BIOS.

But having said that, you're running really old hardware on really new games and therefore it will not cope. Even overclocking the Duron is a fruitless exercise because they don't overclock well, if at all.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
you can use this - YOUR choice
Vcore

Logitek

Logitek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
whoa ... that looks scary :whistling: I won't try that because I kinda want to use this PC for a few more months :help: ...but thanks anyways ... I really thought it could be done by BIOS .... :blink:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
On most newer PCs you can, I guess it's because it's old - or it's come from a manufacturer which disables this in the bios.