Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Save in Dialog box

• Please log in to reply

muzikizum

muzikizum

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi

Whenever i right-click and - hit save target as - the save in dialog box appears. :whistling:

My problem is that i want to change the default folder that first appears on screen which is always
my documents.

http://img323.images...untitledph7.jpg

I want everything to save in a different folder without me having to select the folder manually.

Can i do this?

Windows xpsp2
Dell inspiron 9300

Edited by muzikizum, 25 December 2006 - 09:13 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi muzikizum...

What browser are you using?

wannabe1

muzikizum

muzikizum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi

IE7

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
When you get the "Save In" dialog box, use the drop down menu to select a different location and save it. It should then automatically open to the new location in subsequent saves.

muzikizum

muzikizum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for the reply wannabe1

Yeah what you suggested does work. Although it defaults back to 'save in' - 'my documents'
after each startup.

I'm thinking it is probably a default setting in the registry or something. It's not really a problem anyway, i just thought i would be able to change it on XP.

Thanks
Muzikizum :whistling:

Edited by muzikizum, 26 December 2006 - 05:18 AM.