Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to split the Internet conn..

• Please log in to reply

greated

greated

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi.. Currently i'm using broadband and i would like to share the conn btwn my desktop and laptop.. Which way is the cheapest and fastest ??

Advertisements

jasonharrod

jasonharrod

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Find a cheap router or switch and get some network cable.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Does your laptop have a wireless card? If so, be sure to look at wireless routers.

I did a search at Amazon, and they come in all price ranges.

stebro

stebro

• Pip
  • 7 posts
You've left out a lot of necessary info, but you may be closer than you think. I too have broadband dsl from my phone company - and it came with a free wireless router. I routinely have 4 computers connected at one time, In my case I have wireless receivers that connect to the pc's/laptops via usb cables, but I can also simply connect a cable to the back of the DSL router and connect to the network adapter in the back of the pc/laptop (looks like a large phone jack...) - with this method all you would need is the cable if everything else is ably equipped.

To help any further you would have to let us know what equipment and ports you have.