Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

speakers for new years

• Please log in to reply

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey i need some help im holdin a new years party in a hotel the room size is 650 sq ft, how many speakers do i need and how many watts u think i need to handle music with lots of bass and all tht good stuff

Advertisements

slurpy

slurpy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
That all depends. If you are buying a reciever as well dont always look at the watts. I have an Onkyo Integra that only pushes 90 watts per channel but will blow away a cheap sony reciever that puishes 200 watts per channel. Look for high current recievers thats where you get the best oomph per buck.

If you only want bass then go with some cheap Cerwin Vegas, they are good with the bass and pretty cheap. But if you want bass that will shake the house get a powerd subwoofer from Velodyne, the SPL2 10 has a 10 inch woffer and a 3,000 watt amp inside and pushes the HZ down to 15 where you cant hear it but feel it.

http://www.velodyne....mp;sid=995g169h