Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

nod32 + azureus = ice age coming

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I changed from Norton to Nod32 antivirus two weeks ago, and been having problems since. The problems coincided with me making an IMON-exception for C:\Program\Java\jre1.5.0_04\jre\bin\ as suggested at http://www.azureuswi...nfiguring_NOD32 . I did that 'cos I found my downloading speeds way to slow. Upon doing it, everytime I started azureus it ran smoothly for 5-10 minutes, then all internet connection (downloading, surfing, all) stops BUT the little symbol in the right hand corner of the screen still indicates good connectivity. when I try to access the settings by either double-clicking the symbol or via the control panel in the start menu, the application freezes and I have to close it through the task manager. then I can no longer access it - the computer "thinks" forever when I try.

I thought the problem was the exception I made in IMON, so deleted it but problem remains. Also, the problem only occurs when running azureus. When not, everything's fine.

I am on a wireless connection, an unprotected network. I'm supposed to be the only computer using it. Upon starting, azureus displays a message that "UPnP Error - Incoming Data Port has been reserved by 192.xxx.xxx.x" (x = numbers)

Anyone? :whistling:

Oh, and Azureus still disconnects with NOD32 turned off

Edited by joshanna, 26 December 2006 - 04:12 PM.