Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLANK SCREEN

• Please log in to reply

P.Chang

P.Chang

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
When the comuter is turn ON for 1st time it says loading windows with scrolling blue line and then there is Blank Screen for about 40 secs before I see the desktop; is there a way to put a picture or a Windows screen when Windows loading?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nothing unusual with the delay, not sure you can add a picture here as Windows has not loaded yet

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Yeah, I think if you added a picture that it wouldn't show up until the screen had loaded. Of course you can always add a picture to the desktop (right click in blank space>desktop). You might also want to try speeding up your computer a little. You could take some things off of your startup list. Give it a try.....

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Open notepad

Open MSDOS.SYS in in the root directory with notepad.

Is there a line that says

logo=0 under OPTIONS section?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I ask because there are two things that could be going on...this is easier of the two.

P.Chang

P.Chang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
gerryf,

Thx for your feedback sorry couldn't reply you any sooner, yes as you mentioned Msdos.sys LOGO=0.

P.C.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
change it to 1

P.Chang

P.Chang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi gerry
Am not at the unit but will keep you posted of the result, thx.

P.C.

P.Chang

P.Chang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Gerry
Tried changing Logo from 0 to 1, did not make any diffeence.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
man, that is a long time between posts....I cannot for the life of me recall what I was thinking at the time as far as the other solution....

getting forgetful in my old age....

the crolling blue bar, does it have the windows XP logo over it, then it turns to black, then it turns to the desktop?

P.Chang

P.Chang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Not your fault, I just could not find the time to get back to the faulty computer for the travelling I have to do at work.
The crolling blue bar DOES have the Win XP logo over it but after that the whole screen turns black for abiut 30-45 secs before the desktop appears.
P.C.

P.Chang

P.Chang

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Gerryf,
The crolling blue bar DOES have the Win XP logo over it but after that the whole screen turns black for abiut 30-45 secs before the desktop appears.
P.C.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
google and search for bootvis....install and run that, doing a trace time a boot up and see if you can isolate what is not loading.