Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AUDIO ENCODING TROUBLES

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I used to have a great free audio encoder that could do everything... You name the format and it could do it... but then sadly my computer crashed and i have forgotten what it was called... So anyways... I just got a new phone with an Mp3 player and i need to re-encode al of my Mp3 files into AAC (smaller so i can fit more) and so i can lover the bitrate a bit. So please... If anyone has and free audio encoders that they know about that can handle AAC and that could preferrably write to the source folder, that would be a realy big help!

Thanks alot in advance guys!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at the top 4

http://lists.thedata...Audio_Tools.htm

Audacity / dbpoweramp should work

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I already have a few of them and i tried the rest and i couldnt get any of them to encode an Mp3 into AAC file format. And The dBpowerAMP i tried earlier and it costs money to use past 30 days... and im flat out broke at this point lol. Any more suggestions? Im gonna go ahead and use dBpowerAMP for a while and if you see anything else ill be glad to know! Thanks for your help!

Edited by 11010110, 26 December 2006 - 09:21 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Actually... I just tried dBpowerAMP and it will not let me convert to AAC format and since that is what im shootin for it wont work for me... so you got any other suggestions?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
drag & drop any Audio file or even any VIDEO file and EXTRACT the AUDIO part by converting it to
mp2, mp3, mpc (MusePack), wav, ac3, aac, amr_nb or amr_wb format

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
This one seems like its gonna work great! thanks alot for all of your help!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
it kinda works exept it makes the files larger instead of smaller lol... it can only encode one file at a time and each file takes about 2 minuits... so if you see anything else gimme a hollar! Thanks again!

Edited by 11010110, 27 December 2006 - 01:21 AM.