Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin wireless mouse doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
A couple of days ago i bought a Belkin mini wireless optical mouse (Model F8E874). Today i connected it for the first time but i had problems making it work. I plugged the USB wireless reciever and then turned the mouse on but the arrow pointer does not move at all. Connecting a ps2 mouse i could find that Windows XP detected it, as it appears in Device Manager.

Did i miss something or is that the mouse is broken?

Advertisements

evilwizard

evilwizard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
On most wireless mouse devices there is a set button , ( very small ) on both the receiver device and on the bottom of the mouse.

After connecting the wireless mouse and starting up the computer you may need to press both set buttons for the device to work. The set buttons are what helps the device detect and work.

Hope this helps...

Edited by evilwizard, 27 December 2006 - 07:53 AM.

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Thanks. That was it. I had to press the button on the reciever to sync and now it works like a charm!.

Edited by Diego8, 27 December 2006 - 04:16 PM.