Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WKWBDLL

• Please log in to reply

adelerenee

adelerenee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I had a tech a year ago and he messed up my computer. Deleted camera (finally got that working) no music comes through speakers. I checked everything.

Now I get a WKWBDLL is missing and many of my software cannot be used. What is it and how do I get it?

What is virtual memory I am running out of it? Do not laugh this old gal is trying to learn to keep up with greatniece and nephew.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Adelerenee

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Please confirm your operating is Windows XP Professional. Is it current with critical updates?

I had a tech a year ago and he messed up my computer. Deleted camera (finally got that working) no music comes through speakers. I checked everything.

Do you get any sound at all? Are you using internal speakers or external speakers? If external, confirm that they are plugged into the correct audio port.

Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Volume tab. Confirm that the sound is not muted or on the lower level. Then on the Sounds tab. On this tab, choose anything in the Program Events section (lower part of that screen). A sound file will display in the Sounds box, then click the Play Sound button just to the right. Did you hear anything?

If not, also check your sound card in Device Manager. Right click over My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager. Ar there any items listed with a yellow or red indicator. Look under Sounds, Video and Game Controllers, for a device with "audio" in its name. Please list them.

Now I get a WKWBDLL is missing and many of my software cannot be used. What is it and how do I get it?

I can't find anything on that. Please jot down the exact error you get.

What is virtual memory I am running out of it?

Virtual memory is the paging file on your computer hard drive. When your computer runs out of physical memory (RAM chips), it falls back on the paging file. See Microsoft article 555223 for an explanation of RAM, Virtual Memory, and Page File.

How much RAM do you have installed? Right click on My Computer, General Tab. It should be listed here.

How large is your hard drive and how much space is free? Open My Computer, right click C:\, Properties.