Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did system recovery-are all songs (and docs) lost forever?

• Please log in to reply

sheal

sheal

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Hi There,

I had a problem downloading the apple i-tunes software. While reversing a change I made I managed to locked myself out of the system. In desperation I did a disk recovery, at lease I thought it was. My understanding was that the system would be like it was when we first purchased it. However, after the restoration I still had my accounting software and data, along with the I-tunes application. However all songs are gone in addition to my docs. I knew this would happen but I was desperate to get the computer running again. Any way to get any of the songs back? Is it possible for an expert to recover them? I hear about information being recovered, how about in this case?

Please advise.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
It will mainly depend on if you have overwritten the files. Here is a program I have used, FreeUndelete 2.0

sheal

sheal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Acklan,

After looking at the website I will need an external drive to put the recovered files on, correct?

Thanks for the prompt response. :whistling:

Sheal

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Hmm.. I alway moved them to a USB drive (Flash). I suppose you will have to. Otherwise you may overwrite your files before coping them to a different location.