Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming issue

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Am playing a Nancy Drew game (Danger by Design) and have had and am having trouble setting the resoltuion and bit in oder to facilitate being able to see pictures fully. At this point in game I am to use a keyboard on a decorder and type in secret message. The picture is sooo large that all the keys do not show when looking at the keyboard. Have tried all kinds of resolution and even changed to 16 bit but all failed to help. Most made matters even worse. Yet friends I have played the game on the same resolution and bit that my PC is set at normally with no problems. Most times on the Drew games I have to use differing resolutions than others do in order to access menu buttons in the game.

My PC specs are as follows:

XPS Dell 400 with flat screen 20"
have Win. XP Pro SP2 Version 2002
Nvidia card GeForce 6800
Pentium® PU 2.80GHz
2.00 GB of Ram

Do you need any more info in order to advise. Thanks so much for any help that can be given as understanding my PC better will made all game playing more enjoyable.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Your friend's monitors are probably smaller than yours. 20-inch is relatively large as computer monitors go and need a very high resolution to match. Your video card may not have enough memory to achieve the resolution needed (generally around 1600x1200 for 20-inch). My video-card has 64Mb memory and cannot go as high as that, but just high enough for my 17-inch LCD at 1280x1024.