Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Macros

• Please log in to reply

beethoven

beethoven

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I made a macro a while back in Excel, and I got the Security Warning about enabling or not macros every time I loaded the document. I eventually decided I didn't like the macro anyway and deleted it but kept getting the message. I did put the security down to medium. I'd rather not go any lower than that, but I don't like the fact that I'm always asked whether or not to enable macros in this spreadsheet, because there aren't any in it! Any ideas on how to stop the one worksheet from asking about nonexistent macros?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Please conrfirm the version of Excel.

Here are some articles that might help:
Office 2003/XP: Remove Hidden Data
MS Article 286394 (this is for Office XP, but may help)
MS Article 827742
FAQ - Excel Macro and VBA

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
2003 (Professional Edition)

beethoven

beethoven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
On second thought, I checked the links and the final FAQ page helped. I went through all the steps and my problem is solved. Thank you very much!

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Wonderful! :whistling: