Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help

• Please log in to reply

preppykimmy

preppykimmy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem. Any websites that need security clearance or login information on IE will not work. My computer people at school ran lots of spyware and adaware things and still could not fix the problem. I heard of another person with this problem, she was instructed to delete and reboot everything, and that STILL didn't help. We need IE for certain applications at school and cannot use another browser. The product ID, etc on the information "about internet explorer" are as stated in other post, not there. Is there any way to manually add them or do anything else:

On another note, after my computer was returned to me by the computing staff here, my battery (laptop) is not charging, even though it says it is charging. I am at such a loss with these problems, please help!

-Kim

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are you going from a regular web page to a page that is listed in your "Trusted Zone" and getting a warning? If this is what you are doing, please read here :

Security Warning

Check your Internet Options under Tools and make sure that all sites are listed in your Trusted Zone. May also have a problem with Norton/firewall if you have been updating SP2. While you're at it, empty your Temporary Internet Folder files if you haven't done so.

As to your battery, someone may have swapped a bad battery for your good one.

Not sure what else you were asking. Please keep to one topic. Let me know if this helps.

Ron