Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows boot up won't follow the specified sequence

• Please log in to reply

losted

losted

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi,

I'm experiencing this weird problem of windows not booting into the wnidows xp pro installation cd even though the cd-rom is specified above the harddrive in the booting sequence. After comp starts, it gets to the point of supposingly booting from the cd, then it reads it but not booting it. Can someone please help me? Thank you very much.

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Is your CD severly stratched?

losted

losted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Is your CD severly stratched?

No, it is not. It works fine on other computers.

titandawn

titandawn

• Pip
  • 9 posts
If i know what you are talking about, booting from the winxp disk could take a while to load the information. how long does it stay on the screen where it says its booting from the disk? when i reinstalled xp home before, it took 10 mins to get past loading and to give options of what to do

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I think he is saying that his drive will not read the disk.

Do you have any other cd-roms in the computer or just that one?

losted

losted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thx for the response, I got the problem solved. It appeared that somehow the cd cannot be read most of the time but works every once a while. So it's just the bad disk. Funny how I tested it on my other comp, it worked. Geez. But now I've got another problem lol. Have to start a new thread for it.