Although my computer is running just fine (Windows XP SP2 home edition), the device manager does not show a second core, and is not recognizing the processor (AMD Hammer processor type unknown). I have a funny feeling that the second core is sitting around doing nothing if it isn't being recognized by the OS?
I have tried:
1. updating windows (no new updates were available)
2. Updating the motherboard BIOS (Bios was current)
3. Updating the Nvidia drivers (needed to be updated)
4. Using the drivers from AMD for this processor
5. Senting the computer (in the device manager) to an ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Any help would be welcome