Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DOCUMENTS MISSING. I FEAR THE ANSWER TO THIS.

• Please log in to reply

elite_destiny

elite_destiny

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
SOmehow I have lost files from my computer. TAhey were mainly document files that i created like word, excel, paint etc. And now i have come to see that my documents and settings is completely gone! so all of my other files in there are gone completely. I hooked up this drve as a slave to another harddrive i have to see this problem because i could no longer start up windows ( said boot.ini was corrupt). I have done searchines on the drive and all of these files are still missing and since I cant run a system restore on the drive alone that was out of the question. I think it is associated with the chkdsk. It hangs when it tries to run. Anyways I need if nothing else a good free reliable data recovery software that might be able to find these deleted files. It figures that before I am abler to make a backup this happens. I moved all these files off all my other drives that i had copies on so i could organize and then store them on cds but this happened first.... just great. IT would be pointless to post a hijack log considering the drive I am on is not the same drive with the problem. I hope there is a solution to this because that was a lot of duments I collected from several years. I am assuming a wirus that my anti virus and anti spyware did not pick up affected the files. IT also messed my system restore files up a few weeks back. I thought i had grabbed it considering I have 2 different anti virus and 3 different anti spyware ( most from your site). Help is appreciated. THANKS>

Advertisements