Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

buying a new computer looking for advice

• Please log in to reply

need4speed

need4speed

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm wanting to buy a new computer for online gaming, specifically Vanguard. I've got about $700 to spend. My current system played EQ2 on medium settings fairly smooth.

Here is my current system:
P4 2.6ghz Titan 865PE FSB800 Dual Channel DDR400 AGP8X
1gig ram
80gb HD
GeForce 128mb 6600 GT AGP
CDR drive
Windows XP
I have a DSL connection and I'm using a Wireless G PCI adapter card and a Wireless G Router.

Here's the sysem I was thinking about buying, (it seemed good for the price). Would this be much better than what I have, and does anyone know if my Wireless cards would work with this mother board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...oQQcmdZViewItem

Advertisements

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Looks ok, although the graphics card isn't all that great and the listing doesn't say the brand and wattage of the power supply. Also i've never heard of ECS (the motherboard).

Serrik

Serrik

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
If you are buying a new system for vanguard, then I would bank your 700 bucks and wait until it is released. By then you will be able to get a more powerful system for the money and Vanguard is going to be pretty hardware intensive.

need4speed

need4speed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's true, alot might change in a month.

I've heard that serial hard drives are alot faster than a regular SATA, is that true. Do you think that should be a must?