Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory problem?

• Please log in to reply

jennyxoxo.com

jennyxoxo.com

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello,
I recently upgraded my memory from 256 to 768.......My PC recognized the memory just fine and its running much faster!...Everything seems fine except nero.....When I go to burn a dvd it starts burning and than a few seconds later it stops and an error message pops up saying somthing about :referencing the memory"...a bunch of numbers...and it says it can;t read the memory!..........

Im using nero 7 ultra on windows xp........my computer has two memory slots and the memory is ddr pc333......originaly there was only a 256 in the first slot and the second slot was empty....now I have a 512 in the second slot and kept the 256 in the first..........everythings running faster but nero won't burn now!

Thanks

Jennifer

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
was nero 7 working okay before the memory upgrade? Does any other program cause this error? I ask because I do know Nero 7 has caused quite a few of it's own problems since it was released. many nero 6 users had no problems until they upgraded to nero 7. Your memory upgrade may have nothing to do with it.

Edited by pip22, 30 December 2006 - 06:46 AM.

jennyxoxo.com

jennyxoxo.com

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Im pretty sure this is a problem with Nero I just recently bought nero 7 so its kinda hard to tell ..my other programs are running much faster since the upgrade ......Although i can still burn cds on nero. I ve also notice that my internet explorer keeps "encountering a problem and has to shut down ...latetly..since the nero problems I can barely keep a page up for more than 5 min ...I dont know if that problem is acquainted with nero ...

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
To rule out the new memory, remove it and test the system.
You could also try placing the new 512 in the 1st slot and the 256 in the 2nd. Some comps are funky with how the memory is seen. :whistling: