Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FrontPage Like Editor for Mac

• Please log in to reply

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I switched to a Mac a few months ago and everything's going great but I'm still unable to find a web editor to replace FrontPage. I know, you're probably thinking FrontPage wasn't that good a choice to begin with but all the Mac alternatives I have found were for beginners (iWeb) and had no HTML editing or were seriously lacking very basic features (Nvu). I'm looking for something under $50, but willing to go up to $100. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what you probably need is Iweb by apple. It's part of the ILife suite. I don't know if you can purchase it individually.

pccromeo

pccromeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I've tried iWeb but it's way too basic. You're pretty much stuck with the themes they give you (although it isn't impossible to make your own). I've gave Dreamweaver a second try and I'm having pretty good luck with it. It's just a matter of changing some of the layout and what not, as it handles font sizes differently than Frontpage...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
dreamweaver was my first thought. It is a very powerfull web design tool and offers things that frontpage doesn't.