Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

affordable editing program

• Please log in to reply

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
i was just wondering if anyone here noes of a good affordable DVD editing program out on the market for editing movies recorded on a sony DVD handycam?

ive had alot of problems with editing the home movies and was thinking of perchasing an editing suite for around $100 AUS

any ideas anyone?

thanks for your help,
troppo

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a look at the trial version of Nero

Untick the toolbar option

http://www.nero.com/.../nero7-demo.php

If you go on to purchase it, then get the serial number version because it is around 20 USD cheaper and you can download the programme from a few places if you need to re-install, also any updates involve downloading the complete programme anyway

There is an offer on here, but do check by using the trial version that it is suitable

http://www.nero.com/eng/catalog.html

Another option is Roxio, though no trial version

http://www.roxio.com...e/features.html

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
thank you keith,

i could be mistaken but they are both burning suites aren't they? i realise that Nero has its own editing software but im sort of after something a little more professional but not to pro if that makes sense :whistling:

thank you for your help i might see if i can fid something and ask for your opinion.

thank you so much,
troppo

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I'm running Nero 7 and the nero vision express leaves something to be disired for me. Now there is something you can try but i have not tried it as yet. It is Magix Movie Edit 10 Silver.

http://www.vnunet.co...ie-maker-silver

I have also bought and used Pinnacle Studio 9 ( now its up to 10) and it seemed to work pretty good but then it started crashing, I updated it with what updates i could get but now pinnacle does not want to support it. Because they will abandon customers so quickly(only one year old software) i will no longer support their efforts in movie making.

So i went ahead and bought the Sony Vegas 6 software from a reputable dealer off Ebay.

SRX660

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
thank you so much SRX!

i cant believe that only one year old software thast just plain stupid and totally unloyal to paying customers!!!
i guess they dont really care so i might steer clear of them now and in the future!

that magix movie edit sopunds ok but can it only export in WMV files? would i have to convert them to .VOB files to burn to DVD? You would think it would just be easier to let the user select what type of output format the compilation will be???

thanks for the tips is there any good websites with a list of programs available???
i no there is some in the editing forum thing at teh top of the screen i might have a peek in there...but are they only free programs???

i am looking to buy a good one im not looking to try and get it for free

thanks for teh help guys,
troppo

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The thing with Nero is it will take most files and convert them to burn to DVDR, and also let you edit, plus it is a trial for a month so you can get an idea of what you need

There is a list of commercial applications as well at the top of the forum, although before spending lotzadollars you could practice with the freebies

If you only need to cut out unwanted bits, Nero or Roxio manage well

Nero 6 OEM can be had for 5 dollars

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I personally LOVE adobe premiere elements, they just came out with a new version 3.0. You can get it bundled with photo shop elements 5.0 for 150$ One of the two programs alone is 100$. I have heard lots of good things about Sony Vegas 6, but its more money from what i have heard.
James

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
i was looking at a program called power director premium by cyberlink has anybody ever heard of it?

it was rated the nymber 1 out of 10 editing suites for 2006?
how reliablethat is i dont no

thanks for the help thou its much appreciated
troppo