Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen turns off when Sims 2 is running?

• Please log in to reply

Ruzya

Ruzya

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Screen turns off when Sims 2 is running?

I am so confused by whats happening! ;) Every time I try to play Sims 2, the monitor turns itself off for no apparent reason what so ever! I can get into any part of the Sims 2 game and play it perfectly until it turns off at any random time. When I turn it back on, it claims the monitor is not connected. Ive checked all the wires, but I'm assuming it has a different meaning.

:) ~I could use someones help, and I know it will be greatly appriciated!~ :)

Ps. I don't really know what anyone is talking about when it comes to computers ;) , so if you could put it in the most plain english that would be a great help!

Thanx :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Ruzya,

It could be your video card or your monitor. If you have or could borrow another monitor to test with that would help a lot. Also please check to see if you have a loose connection or possibly a bad monitor cable. Have you had any other problems with your system?

Do you know what kind of video card you have? like an ati9600 for example.

thanks,
Starjax

Edited by starjax, 31 March 2005 - 08:46 AM.

-OneManMoshPit-

-OneManMoshPit-

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Or you may want to check if you have your monitir setting to high when the game is playing. Maybe try turning down the resalution?

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

I have a feeling I know what's that.
First, you need to download the latest drivers for your Video Card. In plain English- a software for your video card. For downloading the driver, you have to find out what Video Card do you have? Go to your desktop, right mouse click, and then go to the "Settings" tab. There will be writen the name of your card.
Now, go to your producer's website (its the manfucater- like ati Readon, go to www.ati.com), and find there the driver. If you need more assistance, Post a reply or email m e .

Known Manfucaters websites:

nvidia (Geforce series)- www.nvidia.com
ATI (Readon series) www.ati.com
SIS (SIS On Boared Video Cards) www.sis.com
Intel (Intel on boared cards) www.intel.com

Or Just search in google