Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Optical drive

• Please log in to reply

swamprat69

swamprat69

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Had a cd writer and a dvd reader drive on computer. went to replace the cd writer with a dvd writer. Deleted the cd writer from the device manager and installed the dvd writer. On boot am showing no devices on that ide cable and setup utility wont run when f2 is hit. was running both optical drives on one ide cable w/ both in cable select mode. How can I get them both operative again

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
put one as master one as slave, that might work for ya, i could never get them to work with both as cable select

Edited by AnthonyJ, 30 December 2006 - 12:59 PM.

swamprat69

swamprat69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried dvd writer as master and dvd rom as slave. still cant find either drive on boot. Other suggestions?

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
oh yea make sure each cable is connected to the roms correctly, have 1 upside down nether will show up

swamprat69

swamprat69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
reseated both cables(not upside down) and now both drives are recognized. Must not have had them fully seated or have an intermittent prob with the cable. I have a spare if the problem recurs. tyvm for the help, much appreciated.