Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP printer problem

• Please log in to reply

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hello

I have a problem with my HP printer. I can't seem to install the driver for it. I downloaded the basic printing driver from the HP website. Whenever I try to install, it gets to "Step 5/8", and then it freezes. :help:

This is really annoying, and I need to print something for work.

Some additional information:

1.) I have an HP PSC 1350 All-in-one Printer

2.) The driver has worked on this PC before. (It's a notebook).

3.) It gives no error messages.

I'm stumped, and need help from someone who knows what they are doing. :whistling:

Thank you in advance,

Slikkie :blink:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Can you install this on any other computers? Do you still have your install CD you can try? Are you sure the drivers are compatible with your system? Have you restarted the printer? How does it connect?

Slikkie

Slikkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Haven't tried this on any others systems before. Unfortunately, the install CD is nowhere to be found. As mentioned above, this printer has worked on my notebook earlier, so I don't think it's the drivers who are not compatible. It connects via USB.

Slikkie. :whistling:

Edited by Slikkie, 30 December 2006 - 03:07 PM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Alright, have you visited HP support? I found this document which seems right up your alley... Have a look by clicking here ... Keep in touch and good luck :whistling:

Slikkie

Slikkie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Thank you very much for the support. I followed the instructions on the tutorial and it fixed my problem. :whistling:

Well done, and thank you again!

Slikkie :blink:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
No problem. Glad it was fixed :blink:

Enjoy :whistling: