Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get my NAT to open for Xbox Live. Please help!

• Please log in to reply

DrumMasterD

DrumMasterD

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey!

I have had my Xbox 360 and my BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router for about a year now and I haven't had any problems with it untill I recently got COD 3 and I have discovered that I need to set my NAT to open but I dont know how to go about doing this.

If anyone has any idea on what I could do to achieve this I would apreciate it if you could help me.

Thanks!

DrumMasterD

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
hi and welcome to geeks to go,

HERE is a site on your router/modem the may help you do the port forwarding for the Xbox.

If your ISP uses PPPoE you can bridge the modem and use a PPPoE connection from the Xbox, it has a native client, and you won't need port forwarding.

DrumMasterD

DrumMasterD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hi and welcome to geeks to go,

HERE is a site on your router/modem the may help you do the port forwarding for the Xbox.

If your ISP uses PPPoE you can bridge the modem and use a PPPoE connection from the Xbox, it has a native client, and you won't need port forwarding.

Hey thanks for that!
I kind of got it sorted though.I decided I would just make a DMZ and that seemed to solve the problem.Bu I have another problem with that now.It seems that after a few days the IP address that I added keeps dissapearing and I need to keep adding it.Does anyone know how I couls solve this?

Thaks!
DrumMasterD