Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

tried 4 times

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
no it got to where it restarts after 15 seconds, said restarting and froze. so i held the power button, it shut off, then i turned it back on. it started booting windows again. it gets to figure 15 then it disappears to a black screen. thats all it does

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
YEA, it froze at that screen for 5 minutes, i got POed and walked away i just walked back in there. its installing. thatnk you so much :whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Must of been booting or something LOL. hope it works out!

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
well it got stuck right at the beginning of the setup, stayed at 39mins for 10 mins, so i restarted, samesthing, restarted and starded working finally down to 19mins, power goes out, now its stickn at 39 again :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi AnthonyJ...

Are you using a USB keyboard and mouse? A hang at 39 minutes is almost always hardware related. Is VGA enabled in BIOS Setup? Maybe it's the video adapter that's hanging the installation up. I say this as the last hang...the one where it got to the first black Windows screen...is at the GUI (Graphical User Interface) installation. You may be able to enable the VGA from the "Advanced Startup Options" screen (tap F8 during bootup).

wannabe1

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
well windows ended up crashed beyond repair then my ps went out so im stuck in the water for now