Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer locking up when playing Joint Operations

• Please log in to reply

gcbro

gcbro

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Computer is going into a "sound loop" and locking up when playing Joint Operations. The only way to shut down is to hold power button. Sometimes it happens shortly after starting and sometimes you can play for a while before it locks up. Have been monitoring temps and that does not appear to be an issue.

All drivers are updated. Tried many suggestions from Joint Ops Tweak Guide and nothing has helped. This was my first computer build and it went very smoothly. This was built specifically for gaming (Joint Ops). Really besides operating system Joint Ops is the only other sofware loaded. I am not a hardware guru and am pulling my hair out in frustration trying to figure this out. So I thought I would turn to the experts :whistling:

I am not sure what additional information you might need to help me (besides the specs :blink: ).

ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Conroe)
WD Digital Raptor 10k rpm
XFX Nvidia 7950 GX2
Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2
Sound Blaster XFi
Dell 30" widescreen (3007WFP)
Windows Professional

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gina

Advertisements

gcbro

gcbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
shameless bump :whistling:

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
try updating your NVIDIA drivers here: http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp

gcbro

gcbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Done, actually all drivers have been updated :whistling:. Still having the same problems!!!!!

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
perhaps there is a patch available for the game? if so, download it.