Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install driver

• Please log in to reply

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello, I like to think I am a comp geek, but actually I am just a goof. I did a clean install on my emachine that I just boutht from my son, It is a 3300 T3302 to be exact. After the AHEM clean install, I realized emachines disk does not have drivers on it like my dell did. LORDY, I found the sound one but don't hink it is the actual one, but hey I have sound. Went to driver site can't remember it's name free one. windriver.com I think
I did find the S3g ChromePcie anyway it said exactly same thing as one supposed to be in here. BUT it was zip file and no way,,,is going in for me. Ihave no idea what t that vga is doiing but it won't let me run a dvc in my player now, or something won't. Plus page jumps all over, scrolls really bad, it is really horrible. I have been putting up with it for fear I will junk this one like I did my brand new Dell laying over in corner. Please can anyone help me to install this or something that will work better. On the System Hardware list it has a yellow mark next to it. I try to unisnstall just keeps coming back. I really screwed up. Can anyone help me. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, JANA

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you install the chipset drivers

VIA chipset drivers must be installed on a system with the K8M800 or K8N800 chipset as well as the display driver for integrated graphics support.

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Keith Thank you so much for answering and with a very good question. I looked and I don't believe I do have the chipset in there. I know I looked for it but couldn't find the right one, I went to VIA site and that driver site. What do I look for Keith? Thank you so much. JANA

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for the user guide

http://downloads.ema...serGuide_en.pdf

This is the spec

CPU: AMD Sempron™ 3300+ Processor (64-bit)
(2.0GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (SP2)
Chipset: VIA K8M800
Memory: 512MB DDR SDRAM (1 × 512MB), 400MHz (PC3200)
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 160GB (7200rpm, 2MB cache)
Optical Drive: 48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
Media Reader: 8-in-1 digital media manager (Secure Digital™ (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, Compact Flash, Mulitimedia Card, USB 2.0)
Video: S3 Graphics Unichrome™ Pro
64MB DDR Shared memory
AGP 8x slot available for upgrade
Sound: AC '97 Audio, Dolby 5.1 (6-channel)
Network: 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN
Modem: 56K ITU V.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Standard Multifunction Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
Ports/Other: 5 USB 2.0 (4 in back, 1 in Media Reader), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio ports (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions: 14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16"D
Weight: 22.5lbs (PC only, no packaging)

So

This would be the link if the site wasn't down :whistling:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

Will post it as soon as apache tomcat is feeling better

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
VIA Hyperion Pro drivers are suitable for ANY VIA chipset - but they are particularly recommended for KT4## series, P4X4## series and newer, for example:
K7 chipsets: KT400, KT400A, KT600, KT880, KM400, KN400
K8 chipsets: K8T800, K8T800Pro, K8M800, K8M890, K8N800, K8N890, K8T890, K8T890Pro, K8T900
P4 chipsets: P4X400, P4X400A, PT800, PT880, PM800, PN800, PM880, PN880, PT880Pro, PT894, P4M800/Pro/CE, P4M900, PT890
C Series Chipsets: CN700, CN400, CLE266, CX700, VN800

To install the driver, save any unsaved work and close all applications then click on the driver download link (above). Choose the "Save File" option and save it to your folder under Windows where you file your drivers. Unzip the file. (To unzip the file right click and highlight "Extract All") Then double click on the Setup.exe file to run the installation program. Follow the prompts and restart at the end of the installation.

Chipset

http://www.viaarena....I...&CatID=1070

Graphics

To install the driver, save any unsaved work and close all applications then click on the driver download link (above). Choose the "Save File" option and save it to your folder under Windows where you file your drivers. Unzip the file. (To unzip the file right click and highlight "Extract All") Then double click on the Setup.exe file to run the installation program. Follow the prompts and restart at the end of the installation.

http://www.viaarena....mp;SubCatID=109

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
KEITH, you are a doll, thank you so much, I truly appreciate your time. What a gift. I will help support site to show my appreciation. Thanks again, JANA HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you e-mail tech support for e-machines then they should help with the audio driver

GypsyJana

GypsyJana

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
[b][i][color=#CC33CC]My Webpage

Dear Keith, I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT A GIFT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME. I DON'T HAVE MUCH MONEY AND I COULD'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO TAKE THIS THING IN TO BE FIXED. YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! OH YEAH AND ON TOP OF IT BEING ALL FIXED, IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE THAT WAS IN BEFORE!!!!!! YOU ROCK KEITH!! GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR. LOVE & LIGHT, JANA