Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Favorite band!

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hello everyone at G2G.

I thought I would like to share a topic to see what kind of music everybody likes!(Favorite Band)

My favorite band of all time would haft to be the band called "Tool" they are a heavy rock/metal band that has been around since the early 1990's. When I was younger, my sister would always play them and I just always used to listen to them. I was happy they came out with their newest album (10,000 days) In may of 2006. Its been around 5 years since they released a album.

There songs are very long too. One of their longest songs I heard was about 16minutes.

It will be interesting to see what everyone likes to listen too!!

-ultimateslacker2(aka yield22)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Tool is okay, but I prefer the lead singer's other band, A Perfect Circle (the reason Tool was on hiatus for a while).

It's hard for me to pick a favorite - I listen to a lot of new music, and I know a lot of these young bands will not be around in 2, 5, 10 years. I like bands that can consistently redefine their sound and music and not lose their original edge. U2, Green Day, Springsteen are favorites. I also really like Incubus and have backstage passes to a show in January.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I like alot of music.. but it'd probably be Rammstein or Flogging Molly

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
I like alot of music, Pearl Jam is probably my favorite. Wish they would tour more though.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Pearl Jam - Once is actually my ringtone HAha. Ten is one of their best albums in my opinion. I wish they would come to philadelphia more but the Ten club is growing and they get tickets first and its basically impossible to grab a seat.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Nirvana closely followed by Alice In Chains.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Love alice in chains as well... good band.. nirvana is ok i dont really listen to them much... but alice in chains is right up my alley... i listen to them alot as well.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Dirt is my favorite AIC album. But my favorite song is Man In The Box.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
My favorite song would have to be "Would."

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Decent songs, but I lose my enthusiasm for a band once one or more members die - Sublime, for instance, is way overplayed now.

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
A tie between Gov't Mule
Posted Image

and The Allman Brothers Band
Posted Image

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Ah, the good old Allman brothers. They got some pretty amazing stuff as well... wow a lot of people on here like the stuff I do! Crazy!

kh1+2

kh1+2

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
erm why has no one mentioned linkin park ???????? :whistling:

linkin park are a good nu-metal rock band

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
hi,

my personal favourite would have to be a group from nz called Salmonella Dub followed by good ole Metallica.

cheers...xxx1

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
At the risk of showing my age......... Led Zeppelin and The Beatles. How much better than that can it get???