Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Simple graphics card question

• Please log in to reply

ron o

ron o

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Maybe some of you video cards experts can help me here. I'm upgrading my monitor to a Dell lcd 19inch and I want to upgrade my graphics cards.

I use my PC for my business bookkeeping and for watching movies, no games. I want something that will work good with movies, something in the $40 - $80 price range. I need AGP 8x and nvidia and DVI output.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks

ron o

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Maybe some of you video cards experts can help me here. I'm upgrading my monitor to a Dell lcd 19inch and I want to upgrade my graphics cards.

I use my PC for my business bookkeeping and for watching movies, no games. I want something that will work good with movies, something in the $40 - $80 price range. I need AGP 8x and nvidia and DVI output.

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks

ron o

In that price range and with it being an nvidia the best your going to get would be a 6200. Its not a fast card of course none will be for $80 but It will play movies just fine.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814133151

Your not going to find a great card in that price range from nvidia but if you want quite abit better video card still under your $80 budget look at the ati 9800pro. The 9800pro has 128MB ram but its still faster than the nvidia 6200 with 256mb ram. The 9800pro is $79.99

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814195027

Id try to get the 9800pro or either spend alittle bit more on a video card.