Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is possibly hopeless

• Please log in to reply

bluefush

bluefush

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a big problem with my computer. I can't install any programs that will help. My computer will go through the process but then freeze when the installation bar has filled and thus no intallations are successful. Because of this I can't get a highjackthis file or any other virus stoppers or removers. I've tried to download about 50 free removal programs and even tried a norton disc to no avail. I can't open task manager or my add/remove programs. My biggest problem is that my microsoft works wont save anything. I'm a student in college and having a computer without the ability to save a paper is useless. I have no idea what to do. =(

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

I have a big problem with my computer. I can't install any programs that will help. My computer will go through the process but then freeze when the installation bar has filled and thus no intallations are successful. Because of this I can't get a highjackthis file or any other virus stoppers or removers. I've tried to download about 50 free removal programs and even tried a norton disc to no avail. I can't open task manager or my add/remove programs. My biggest problem is that my microsoft works wont save anything. I'm a student in college and having a computer without the ability to save a paper is useless. I have no idea what to do.  =(

View Post

My recommendation would be reinstalling your operating system. Wish I had better news, however, considering the information you've provided, I'm not sure anything else will fix the problem.

JDM

bluefush

bluefush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how do i do that?

also I got a link after sending an error report and it says there is a driver problem but it can't detect which driver. I recently downloaded iTunes but it was lame so i removed it and the problems started when i had downloaded that program. Is there a way for me to find out what driver is messed up? Also is there any other way to access the add/remove programs thing without going thru the control panel?

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Can you get into " safe mode"....press f8 continually whilst your pc boots up to access safe mode

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

how do i do that?

Is there any other way to access the add/remove programs thing without going thru the control panel?

View Post

Of course. Hold down the Windows key while pressing the "R" key on your keyboard (the Windows key might be located in between your Ctrl and Alt keys, on the bottom left of your keyboard). You'll get a "run" screen as a result. Type "appwiz.cpl" in the empty field and press "enter." Or, go to Start > Run > and type "appwiz.cpl" (no quotes) and hit your "enter" key.

bluefush

bluefush

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you get into " safe mode"....press f8 continually whilst your pc boots up to access safe mode

View Post

what should i do in safe mode?

I think its because I have something called Gaobot.ecn