Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whats up with Dell?

• Please log in to reply

bamajim

bamajim

Visiting Staff

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've certainly enjoyed reading through this thread :blink:

Especially since I work the HJT board at Dell

I think it safe to say that all manufacturers have their ups and downs, and that we all have had PC problems with one brand or another. I have quite a few Dells, and have only had 2 minor problems on 2 of them, that were taken care of by Dell within 2 days. One on site, and one shipped part.

I have extended warranty on them all, even if accidently drop (or throw) my laptop on the floor.

But PC consumers are demanding more features, memory, speed, graphics, etc. And we all want it jammed in a Laptop that weighs 2 pounds :whistling:

Sure some of the older, slower, well built PC's, that were the size of a small refrigerator may have been more dependable. So is my tractor, but I don't expect it to run a hundred miles an hour either :help:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Nicely said.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I second what ScHwErV said, since he beat me to it. :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Sure some of the older, slower, well built PC's, that were the size of a small refrigerator may have been more dependable. So is my tractor, but I don't expect it to run a hundred miles an hour either

exactly...high end PCs are like fighterjets...if you want speed and maneuverability...you have to sacrifice stability, reliability, and safety. plain and simple...you can't really have all of both worlds...the faster the hardware is moving (logically and physically) the more chances for failure you have (logically and physically)