Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can you use a regular flash drive on a Sony PS2?

• Please log in to reply

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I just bought a memorex flash drive and was wondering if you could?

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
for certain games yes, as memory card no. exa. gt4 has a feature to take a picture of your car, it lets you save to usb device. thats the only game i know of

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well Im just trying to put rosters on my usb and transport it to my ps2 and save the rosters on my memory card? Does the Usb have to be in a certain format for the ps2 to read it?

Edited by Clemson4life81, 31 December 2006 - 03:05 PM.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Can anyone help? I heard its possible. I mean you can even buy a usb device for the ps2..

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
no special format

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
So I can save a max drive file onto it and my ps2 will be able to read it? Beacuse I plug it in and nothing happens? Its a College Hoops roster file and its a max file.. :whistling:

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Also the brand of it is Memorex travel drive.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
No one? :whistling:

02rja

02rja

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
yeah... well its sort of possible if you have "action replay 2"

It will let you transfer saves from your memory card to your USB stick... you can store as many saves as you like.

The only problem is that you cant load straight from the memory stick, you need to use action replay to tranfer saves back across to the card before you can use them. Kind of annoying but to be honest, your not going to need more than 10-15 saves at once are you?

02rja

02rja

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
sorry, i meant action replay MAX, its quite cheap, look on ebay or amazon or something... its also good for loading extra cheats and codes into games.