Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard help!

• Please log in to reply

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Pip
  • 8 posts
:whistling: hey everyone i really hope you can help me on this situation.i recently bought this motherboard:ASUS M2N232-SLI DELUXE and i popped it in my raidmax smilodon case. when i tried to turn it on it made a quick flash and turned back off,then when i tried to turn it back on again i couldnt see anything on my monitor and thats it. please help me anyone!like i said this is a brand new motherboard and i havent even installed windows yet please help

Edited by $W1FT, 31 December 2006 - 10:43 PM.

Advertisements

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey Swift,

This kinda sounds like your graphic card just blowed up but it wouldn't shut down the comeputer like that, try using a different graphics to see if it helps you.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Sorry double post please delete or something.

Edited by Jazza, 31 December 2006 - 10:51 PM.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
onboard graphics or card? i dont feel like looking the board up

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have tried many different cards and nothing.i see u play call of duty also same here add me to ur xfire fatalex805

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
no its not i have a 6800xfx pci

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Can you try the following steps. Please follow ALL these instructions EXACTLY :

1. Disconnect the power lead from the system, then disconnect the main ATX power connector from the motherboard.

2. Remove any PCI/PCI-E cards you have. Reseat the video card in the top PCI-E slot. (If you have 2 video cards in SLI mode, then remove the second one)

3. Remove all memory modules except for one single module. Make sure this is installed in either slot DIMM_A1 or DIMM_B1.

4. Locate the jumper labelled CLRTC (near the motherboards battery). Place the jumper cap over pins 2-3. Leave for 30 seconds, then return the cap to pins 1-2.

5. Double check that the soft power connector (the 2 pin plug that connects the power switch on the front of the case to the motherboard) is installed correctly.

6. Make sure you have the case's internal system speaker connected to the motherboard front panel header correctly.

7. Reconnect the main ATX 24 pin power connector to the board. Also check that the 4 pin ATX12V power connector is connected.

Power the system on again & let me know what happens.

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
followed everything but nothing. didnt work.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Can you describe what IS happening then?
i.e
do you get power to the board? (eg fans spinning etc)
do you hear any beeps?
do the keyboard lights flash just after powering on?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
I would remove power from the unit and them remove the mother board.
Look on the front and backside for any burned areas.
Also look at the PSU unit, and graphic cards.

Do you smell any burning?

Also answer Samm's questioms.

Advertisements

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
everything is functioning perfectly except it does not show anything on my monitor.my monitor is in hibernate mode. nothing burned nada!

Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Are you sure its the monitor, if you dont see anything how do you know everything is functiong normally. This sounds simple, but when you installed the motherboard, did you fit it properly, and the spacers are definately screwed in, if not your computer is short circuiting.

Edited by Keith Lemon, 03 January 2007 - 06:47 PM.

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes i have triple checked everything, i cant say everything is working perfectly but everything is powering up. if its short circuiting what could be the problem, the case pin?this happened to me before with another mobo but i just returned it to abit but asus's customer service is the worst i have emailed them 20x and still no response

natdaddy1230

natdaddy1230

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
check and see if the fan is cliped on the mb all the way i had the same prob one time and the was not on all the way

natdaddy1230

natdaddy1230

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
sorry it is the cpu fan that you need to check