Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard help!

• Please log in to reply

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
tried it nothing thanx though

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I can't help but think you are missing something (not seeing everything).
I still believe you burned a component, and had/ have something grounding out.
Most likely blew the MB.

and i popped it in my raidmax smilodon case. when i tried to turn it on it made a quick flash and turned back off,then when i tried to turn it back on again i couldnt see anything on my monitor and thats it

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I seems 2 me that 123Runner is right. You mentiond that this is the second board that u connected and the other 1 gave u the same problem.
I understand that the conputer beeps? If not then post.
if u boot with out the graphic card does it beep acordingly?
I could be the case so maybe if it is not 2 late try and connect the MB with a graphic card and ram only out side of the case and c if it boots.

$W1FT

$W1FT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
by MB you mean the ddr ram right, if so i will try.About the other motherboard, this happened when i used an my old case and i took out my old motherboard i connected the new motherboard and the same thing happend, i am using the old case Again so i will buy anotherone soon to see if it works any more ideas, PLease post away! thanx everyone.oh yeah and IT DOES NOT BEEP.

Edited by $W1FT, 05 January 2007 - 10:39 PM.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
MB is mother board. To c if the mother board is alive try and take the board out of the case and connect the power. diconnect all card even the ram ddr. There should b spkr on the mother board that should beep or atach an external one from the case. If there r no beeps it means that there is a problem with the mother board or the cpu.
If the fans run when u turm the board on it means that the power on works.
When u press the power button again and it does not turn off when touchd then the mother board is not functioning propperly or it has a problem.