Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Webcam Assistance

• Please log in to reply

jhbaum

jhbaum

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello. I have a Dell 4600 with Windows XP. I am having trouble with my PC recognizing a new webcam. I had an Orange Micro IBOT2 webcam installed previously on my PC and it worked fine. I have tried three other webcams but each time the software states webcam not found - not recognizing whe I plug it into the USB port. Two of the cameras I have tried are the Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 and the Logitech QuickCam Messenger. I installed the software then when it tells me to connect the camera it doesnt see it. I tried all of the USB ports and nothing. Windows Plug and Play does not recognize new hardware installed when I plug these in.

When I plug the old IBOT2 camera in Plug and Play recognizes new hardware.
I checked Imaging devices under Device Manager after I plug the new webcams in and it doesnt see them but once I plug the old cam in it does.
I removed my MSN Messenger then tried reloading the new software but no luck. I made sure I downloaded the newest drivers for both new cams with same results.

Could my old webcam be written in the registry or somewhere that my PC wont recognize a new webcam?
I browsed through the registry for any signs of the old webcam and software.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Jason

Advertisements

jhbaum

jhbaum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Also - I did uninstall the USB drivers through device manager to make sure that wasnt an issue.