Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU at 99% uncontrollable max usage

• Please log in to reply

fattankie

fattankie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My CPU is at max usage (well - 99%) and I have managed to make it the lowest priority programme on the computer in order to use the machine. I recently downloaded TomTom Home and as soon as I did it put the CPU usage to 99% (the Tom Tom software never worker either....probably part of the problem).

I have looked in the Windows task manager and now because it is a low pri prog it just takes the remains of percentage usage that no other programme(s) is using at any given time.

I have Norton System works and have scanned the system - nothing found.

I have unistalled TomTom and everything seems to have gone BUT on the Windows Task Manager TomTomHOME.exe is still there using all my memory.

Any thoughts? (apologies if this is not explained in a particularly tecnical manner but I'm jsut getting started here).
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements