Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java issues NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

RachelTMUA

RachelTMUA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to start working from home with a company and I have to have a current version of java installed onto my computer.

I am running windows 98. After having several "unable to communicate to applet after 5 attempts" messages I was advised that I should remove all versions of JRE Sun Java from my computer.

I did just that and tried once again to reinstall and run it. Again, I got the errors, so I deleted it again.

Now when I go there it states that I have no Jave Virtual Machine installed onto my computer.

I go back to java.com to dl it again and it states that I already have a current version on my computer and that I need to uninstall it before installing anything else.

My problem?

I have gone under add/remove programs and it is not there.

My friend advised me to go under search - files and folders- Sun Java - JRE- and java and manually delete all of the files which I did.

Now I cannot find any of the files on my computer and yet it states I still have versions dl onto my computer, yet when I go to launch my job chat so that I can take calls it says that I have NO java installed.

Can someone please please please email me and help me out. I am going to lose my job if I am not up and running by Weds.

I need this job. It will be 1 of three other jobs that I have to work to make ends meet. I cannot afford a new computer at this time, I seriously need any and all help that someone can provide.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind Regards,
RachelTMUA

Please do not include an e-mail address in any post as it could lead to more contact than you intended

Thank you!

Edited by Keith, 02 January 2007 - 02:31 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go, Rachel TMUA,

Heres some links that may help you.

http://www.javateste...installing.html

And there this from another forum,

I finally found the solution. Remove the JRE using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

Related Document:
http://java.com/en/d..._transforms.xml

Utility:
http://support.micro...t.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];290301

[if the last link doesnt work copy and paste the whole thing into the address bar]

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 06 January 2007 - 10:45 AM.