Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exlorer exe. Chrases...

• Please log in to reply

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Today I was looking for Microsoft word and I couldnt find it. I found the microsoft office folder and nothing was in it but some folder and I click on that which led me to a problem. Well it says it needs to debug and gives me like a code 0xc00000FD 0x77fb2be9. It crahes when I push ok and when it comes back up it gives me the same error and keeps doing it over and over. My dad was trying to work on it and a box pops up saying cannot find Null. Then we tried to repair microsoft office to see if that did anything and nothing happened. Does anyone know whats going on? Could it be a virus?\

:whistling: :blink:

Edited by Clemson4life81, 02 January 2007 - 04:55 PM.

Advertisements

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I forgot to mention Im running on Windows 2000 pro edition...And its microsoft office 2003

Edited by Clemson4life81, 02 January 2007 - 05:05 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Are you sure that code is correct?
I can find part of the eror code but not the 2nd half?
What type of computer are you using (ibm, dell etc)
Have you loaded any new software or updates(like anti virus) before this happened?

Edited by peterm, 02 January 2007 - 05:25 PM.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
The other day I isntalled Spyblaster and Spybot from this site but I unstilled Spybot thinking that may be causing the problem. I updated my avg a couple days ago and updated my ad aware last night. This is what the error says

The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x77fb2be9.

I clicked on some folder in the microsoft office folder and all this started happening btw...

Im using a Compaq.

Edited by Clemson4life81, 02 January 2007 - 05:57 PM.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Just now as I was surfing the net a box poped up saying a runtime error has occured?It occorued on line 20 and asked me If I wanted to debug..Whats going on???

Edited by Clemson4life81, 02 January 2007 - 06:58 PM.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I Hate bumping things but Im a little worried and annoyeid. I mean I have to shut the thing down beacuse it starts freezing.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
ok when you edit a post it does not let me know you are best posting a new reply. I was asking your machine as this is a problem with IBM machines and some anti virus.
Can you go to control panel and look in add remove programs and see if you have Microsoft update KB886903. This can be part of the problem.
But it gets down to if you do have that update and was it downloaded just before this happened.
My 1st step would be to see if that is anupdate you have and remove it. Reboot
We can always put it back later.

I posted this a long time ago but the connection to the server timmed out so I have just noticed the post did not go.
Also in my signature there is a link to Online scan Run this.

Edited by peterm, 03 January 2007 - 01:18 AM.

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Adding something about the runtime error:

Runtime errors are usually caused by the site themselves, so dont worry about it. Line 20 would be the 20th line in the script of the page that you are viewing.

ps: On top of running TrendMicro scan as peter said, if you do not have any anti-virus on your computer then you might think of downloading one.

I use Zonealarm Security Suite and Adaware, personally, both very good programs. Adaware is also free unless you want the extra features - which you have to pay for. Peter could suggest some good and free anti-virus programs.

Edited by DeadEye, 03 January 2007 - 03:45 AM.

Clemson4life81

Clemson4life81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well I fixed the problem and I do have antivirus. IT was really wierd. I moved a microsoft office folder to the desktop and then thats when my problems started happening. I moved the folder back and my computer was fine.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Ahh you did not metion that in your post

DeadEye

DeadEye

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Glad it worked out for ya!