Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox and Amazon Music/ hurl.exe

• Please log in to reply

surfer4life141

surfer4life141

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am using firefox and I went to Amazon to listen to a song. It saved a file called hurl.exe to my computer. I cannot delete this file, even in safe mode. Any sugesstions?

Advertisements

Dexter1979

Dexter1979

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hiya,

I had the same problem with firefox. Here's the solution:

Change the file name to hurl.ram (It's really a real player issue I think)

You now have 2 options:
1) Play the file and listen to what you wanted to listen to on Amazon

or

2) Delete the file ;)

My solution to not have this happen again is sadly using IE :tazz:

Hope it worked!

Jonro

Jonro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have the same problem as well. Have tried renaming the file hurl.ram but I get the message the applictaio nis in use so it cannot rename. I then tried going to task manager, processes but cannot find hurl.exe in order to stop it. Any ideas what the programme could be thats using it?

Many thanks in advance.
Jonro

Dexter1979

Dexter1979

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just wondering did you try it in safe mode?

Jonro

Jonro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes tried it in safe mode but the same message appears, Also tried checking the processes while in safe mode but I cannot see which programme is using the file. Does the file cause any problems? If its harmless I guess I could ignore it.

Dexter1979

Dexter1979

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah it's harmless. It's amazon's realplayer clips that are causing the problem. Try booting in safe mode, going to command prompt and deleting it that way. or rename it in good old fasion DOS. Change it to hurl.ram. That's about all I can say. I stopped using firefox on the amazon website :tazz:

MonitorMan

MonitorMan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, that's what that was. I went to Amazon last night and previewed a tune using WMP. I surf with Netscape 7 on a Mac. Well, this morning when I booted there was a file called hurl.exe on my desktop. I had no trouble deleting it, but a Mac can't use an exe file anyway.
I thought that somebody had tried to slip me a virus. I hope y'all can find a way to get rid of it.