Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing d3d9.dll file

• Please log in to reply

jeff01234

jeff01234

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Again wizards of knowledge:
I posted a topic about a missing d3d9.dll file. I think it is part of direct x9. I Neil responed that I should go to microsoft and download a new direct x9 download and install it. I did that and nothing happened. Is there a way to unistall direct x9 to get a clean install or some program that you know of that fixes bad direct X files
Thanks for your help
Jeff

PS sorry about having to post a new topic but Neil never came back to check my progress :whistling:

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Have u tried this method?

Download this dll file from
http://www.dll-files...iles.shtml?d3d9

After downloading copy this dll file in system32 folder of windows folder . Then go to RUN and copy paste this

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\d3d9.dll

I'm assuming that ur Windows Installation drive is C . If u've another then put that Drive letter in place of C

jeff01234

jeff01234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi officialblueboys:
I did the download and run program and I got a message saying
loadlibray("C:\window\system32\d3d9.dll") fail the specified module could not be found.
ouch I'm i screwed, or is the another way around this
Thanks blue
Jeff

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
man ur typing wrong Its Widnows not Window

jeff01234

jeff01234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Blue
Sorry I typed windows wrong on to the reply to you put I copied and pasted it right when running the files WINDOWS was typed into my computer. When I was extracting the zip file into WINDOWS32. It prompted me for a password to access d3d9.dll file. Compac told me there was no password. I went and created one and typed it in. My PC kept prompting me for a password after I entered it. Finally I hit skip file that when it went on to finish extract, that is when the loadlibray warning came up with windows

When I was looking up d3d9.dll. there were lots of programs to fix d3d9.dll file and scan my computer for free but I would probably end up purchasing the program. to fix the file, Do those work?
Compac wants me to run restore, but I think I would lose photos ect....

What do you think Blue,
Thank you
Jeff

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you tried reinstalling direct x 9.0c from Microsoft?

jeff01234

jeff01234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi starjax;
I was getting a warning prompt with I used a game that used diecrt x9 I did reinstall direct x 9.0c from microsoft and I tried fixing the registry file with registry mechanic software. Now I'm getting a w prompt saying
( the procedure enrty point Ddentry 10 could not be located in the dynamic link library DDraw.dll. )
Is there anything I can do short of use system restore I have a lot of photos of my kid I could lose.
Thank you starjax
Jeff

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
a couple of ideas. Since you have reinstalled dx9, feel free to pick up the process where you left off or start from step one.

The DirectX program created by Microsoft is critical in making sure that a game works properly. DirectX is considered the middle-man between your computer hardware and the game you are trying to run. If DirectX doesn’t work properly, neither will the game, so it’s best to re-install it should you run into a problem with this program. To install or reinstall the newest version of DirectX, follow these instructions:

1. Click on the following link to Microsoft’s DirectX download site:
www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads
2. Click on the Get DirectX Now link.
3. Select your language from the available drop-down box, and click Go.
4. Click on the Download button on the upper right-hand side of the window.
5. Click on the Save button.
6. Click the Desktop button on the left of the window to designate your desktop as the download location.
7. Click the Save button to start the download.
8. Once the download is completed, double-click on the file you downloaded to your desktop.
9. Follow the prompts during the installation, to install the latest version of DirectX.
10. Once the installation is complete, verify that the installation worked by launching the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click on Run.
3. Type dxdiag in the available text box, and press OK.
4. On the System tab, make sure that the version of DirectX listed matches the version listed on the Microsoft website above.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
next lets try running check disk on your hard drive. First go to Start then run. Type in cmd. This will bring up a dos window. Type in chkdsk c: /r. Say yes when it prompts you to run at next boot. Close all programs and restart your pc. After it starts to boot into windows it will reach a point where checkdisk will start running.

Let me know when this is completed. I will walk you through looking at the results in the event log so we can see what it found.

redwolf915

redwolf915

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem but my computer says direct x 8.1 is installed

Edited by redwolf915, 26 February 2008 - 08:33 PM.

cloe_sora

cloe_sora

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can i put this one here?

I'm running an application called Dream Aquarium but I'm having graphical issues. My OS is XP pro SP2
Their tech support advised me to update my video card driver and update my directx (already version 9.0c prior update)
drivers updating goes fine
however i encounter an internal error message while updating directx (with directx_jun2008_redist - full).. it told me to check dxerror.log.
here is what it says

[07/04/08 08:24:36] module: dxupdate(May 30 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2046, function: ExecuteInf

Failed API: SetupInstallFromInfSection()
Error: (995) - The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

Unable to install C:\WINDOWS.0\system32\DirectX\DX27.tmp\d3dx9_24_x86.inf:[x86_Install]. The file may be damaged.

dxdiag however report no problem

To solve this problem i have read tech supports that suggest to manually uninstall directx via deletion of directx folder in the registry...running regedit ... then reboot.. however this didn't revert my directx to ver 8.1 as what the guide said... and instead i still have the same 9.0c version files however running dxdiag tells me that "directx version: not found" . I try to reinstall/update my directx using the same directx_jun2008_redist.. but an internal error once again appear. This time dxerror reported

[07/06/08 06:37:14] module: dxupdate(May 30 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 189, function: GetDXVersion

Failed API: RegQueryValueEx()
Error: (2) - The system cannot find the file specified.

Current DirectX may be a older version which does not have the version value in the registry.

--------------------
[07/06/08 06:37:14] module: dxupdate(May 30 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 4751, function: DirectXUpdateGetSetupInformation

GetDXVersion() failed.

--------------------
[07/06/08 06:37:14] module: dsetup32(May 30 2008), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 280, function: CSetup::InstallPlugIn

DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn() failed.

--------------------
[07/06/08 06:37:14] module: dsetup32(May 30 2008), file: setup.cpp, line: 1701, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed.

Now I can't reinstall DX 9.0c completely. I try reinstalling ver 8.01 but it is still 9.0c files with unrecognizable version...
though with 9.0c files i still can't play games the required the 9.0c version like battlefield2 and galactic civiliztion 2
however i can play games like Age of mythology and baldur's gates that requires older dx version...

I think i srewed my dx and i really need help :) ... thanks in advance :)