Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME 1/2 Korean 1/2 English (not the good 1/2)

• Please log in to reply

SmilinJusBecuz

SmilinJusBecuz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
So we have a IBM Thinkpad LG i Series that came from Korea and now we need all the menus to go to English. I managed to get some of the areas to convert, however all the menus and the icons (well not all but a good portion) are still in Korean.

After going to the regional and language options, selecting English and USA restarting the computer I get an Application Error that states:
Exception EConvertError in module 8afe4ad7.exe at 00007176 '2004-11-19' is not a valid date.
Then going back into the options area I switched the date to mm/dd/yyyy but it still didn't help.

Any idea on how to fix this as a lot of the stuff is still in Korean and I can't read it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by SmilinJusBecuz, 02 January 2007 - 09:14 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
To my knowledge the language is included in the installation disk, but some of the installed applications, such as IE, have language options. So you may not be able to change the language in the operating system itself.