Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random shutdown

• Please log in to reply

Christopss

Christopss

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello

When I play Warcraft 3 the computer will randomly shut down. I dont think its the game because i only got it today.

I feel that its the PSU. But it dose not say the details of what it is on the PSU. I got it from an old couple who didnt know anything about it. but this list which contains info about the comp

Its about 3 or 4 years old.

Would it be a bad PSU or something else

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled_1.gif

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If it was your power supply causing the problem the best thing you can do is download speedfan. Run the program and look at the voltages at the bottom of the window. If they are not close to what they should be it probably is the problem. For example i has a PS that was showing 11.43 volts on the 12 volt line. both the 3.3 volt and 5 volt lines were very good at 3.41 and 4.97. This computer would just randomly restart all the time. Changing the Elcheapo 450 wattPS for a thermotake 430 watt PS fixed the problem. The 12 volt line showed a steady 12.1 volts

You may also be able to see the MB and cpu temps with speedfan if the MB has the sensors. High temps can also cause shutdowns.

SRX660

Christopss

Christopss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Sorry I forgot to give ths befor :whistling:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error signature
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : FFBC8FFA BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F7B9AE42 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Also the second temp on speed fan gose to 44 then up to 46 when i have windows media player running
here is a pic of what speed fan shows

Also its summer here and its getting bloody hot. but my other computer that im using now has no problems

Attached Files

• Attached File  test.bmp   115.93KB   150 downloads

Edited by Christopss, 04 January 2007 - 12:25 AM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well i do think this is caused by the warcraft game.

The error message is the same as this one.
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

This error can also be caused by a bad hard drive, which i doubt is your problem simply because you are not saying it is having problems at other times.

Microsoft ram or pagefile article.

http://support.micro...=810093&sd=RMVP

You can use Memest to check your memory.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Your temps do not indicate too high temps. It is too bad you did not include the whole window in the picture so i could seethe voltages.

SRX660