Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pixelated Images & Colors Reversed...Help!

• Please log in to reply

jeez42

jeez42

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all! New to this site & not a wiz when it comes to computers....Hope someone can help!

Just the other day I powered up my Dell w/Windows 98 & to my surprise, my desktop photo appeared pixelated, BAD! After further inspection, my icons for my illustrator files & photoshop were not showing the smaller images they used to. Instead they were just blank rectangles. When I opened these files, the images looked as if they had been turned into a 35mm negative. All of my photos have also turned this way as well.

The internet & pretty much everything else seems to be normal. Just my .jpg/.bmp/illustrator/photoshop files seem to be harmed....

I have downloaded the most current drivers from Dell & have searched high & low for an answer...Nothing. Can someone out there help me, PLEASE????

I greatly appreciate the time & hope there's an answer out there somewhere....
Thanks!
Jeez42

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what if anything occurs when you change screen resolutions?

(right click desktop>properties> settings...)

jeez42

jeez42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The size of the desktop becomes bigger or smaller [depending on which way I go]. But the pixelation is still there.....

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
change color depth to higher -- more than 256 colors

jeez42

jeez42

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Those two are linked. If I change one, the other one chages too. Is there somewhere else I can adjust that???